What Does The Orthodox Church Teach About The Events at The End of The World?
No one knows when the end of this world will happen, but the most world will happen, but the most important event that will take place at that time will be the Second Coming of Christ.
Why didn’t God let us know the time when Jesus would return again?
Because He wants us to be ready always. He wants us to be constantly prepared ,to maintain purity in our lives.
Augustine put it this way: “This one day God has hidden from us that we may keep a better and closer watch over the other days of our lives.”
Christ could return in the next five minutes. He could return next year.
No one knows- but we do know one thing: we have to be ready always!
The Scriptures tell that the following events will take place at that time:
1. Christ will return in glory (also known as the Second Coming).
2. The dead will be raised.
3. The last judgment will take place.
The Scriptures also mention the following five events that will occur before the Second Coming of Jesus:
1. The Gospel will be preached to all nations (Matthew 24:14)
2. Israel will turn to Christianity (Romans 11:25-26).
3. Elijah and Enoch will return in the last days (see Revelation 11).
4. Many will fall away from the true Christian faith and be led by false teachers (Matthew 24: 4-5).
5. There will be many wars, revolutions, famines, and earthquakes. (Matthew 24:6-8).